Here’s an excellent display of applied Core Animation techniques:
The PathMove program allows the user to set up a predetermined set of bezier paths and then trigger a UIImageView object to move from start to end along that path. The program incorporates several options to do things like:
- Select the ending quadrant of the bezier path.
- Mix and match three different predefined bezier path segments for the starting and ending segments of the overall path.
- Allow the object to grow, shrink or remaiin the same size as it moves along the path.
- Rotate the object to match the tangent of the bezier curve as the object moves.
- Pre-Rotate the object by 90 degrees to accommodate how iOS calculates a tangent.
- Annotate the complete bezier path with the size and location of all of the path’s the control points
Read the whole thing, and check out the source at JoalahDesigns / PathMove!