So this email showed up on the iPhoneSDK list today:
We’re excited to announce the availability of the Z2Live Multiplayer SDK for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Multiplayer networking that works on WiFi, Edge and 3G
- Voice Chat between players
- Friend Invitations via Push Notification
- GKSession API compatibility to make porting Bluetooth games to the Internet easier
- No need for a game server (the devices connect directly to each other)
Please follow this link to begin building your next generation multiplayer games and set yourself apart from the pack:
Thank you and great gaming!
And why yes, if you follow that link, particularly to the features page here, it does look like quite the platform indeed for building your multiplayer games on. And as our biggest project right now (actually, our biggest iPhone project yet by a good bit) is putting together a multiplayer game, we’re keenly aware of just how time-consuming this stuff is to put together on your own.
But hey, if you are putting together something that could use it, you probably want to check it out for a build or buy decision. And if you do, let us know what you think, k?