OK, it’s actually just one tip from us — this is a nice little collection of current best practices and links to useful resources:
- Before Your App Is Launched
- It goes without saying that you’re going to need to make a good product – but there’s so much more. We outline the steps you need to take before you even write that first line of code or start your first wireframe.
- App Store Optimisation
- App Store Optimisation is a mix of marketing and research. We outline how to optimise your app to get the maximum amount of downloads, the factors in determining how visible your app is in app store searches… and tell you how to improve everything.
- Improving Your App
- App development never stops. We outline what you need to understand about how people use your app and the steps you will need to take to improve your app’s retention rate.
- Getting Reviews & Coverage For Your App
- Getting publicity for your app in the right places can be a real challenge. We outline how to find those right places and more importantly – people – to get the exposure your app needs.
- Paid App Advertising and Exposure
- From paid social media to adverts in other ads. We talk you through the options and give some general advice on ensuring your budget goes as far as possible.
- Conclusion and future guides
- In the coming months, we plan to create a guide on how best to monetise your apps and an experts roundtable with advice from some of the most successful app entrepreneurs and marketers…
Chances are you won’t be terribly surprised by much of this if you’ve been following our various roundups and/or have been working on selling apps yourself for a while, but it’s short enough to be a good checklist and comprehensive enough you’ll probably find at least something of interest; so we completely recommend adding this to your marketing reference collection!
How to pitch your mobile game to Apple — with email address!
10 Effective Growth Hacks to increase your SaaS Revenue (any business, really, especially any software business)
adamwulf / app-launch-guide: “This guide is aimed at indie developers who are building and launching their iOS apps largely by themselves. The guide will walk through planning, pre-launch, marketing, product dev, QA, and launch.”