[UPDATE: Now points to the iPhone 4 savvy version!]
– 512 pixels, iTunes Store style (Caution: very ugly. Talk to Apple about that, not me.)
– 512 pixels, iPad style (either have different overlays. Who’d have thought?)
– 512 pixels, iPhone style.
– 72 pixels for iPad home screen.
– 57 pixels for iPhone home screen.
[UPDATE: -114 pixels for iPhone 4 home screen!]
– 48 pixels for iPad Spotlight (with Spotlight background).
– 29 pixels for iPad / iPhone Settings and iPhone Spotlight (with both backgrounds).
Yes, it is getting complicated these days, isn’t it?
And here is a post about another icon template for Illustrator CS 5.
And here is a script, iPhone-Photoshop-JSX-Icon-Exporter, to create all the needed sizes from one 512×512 icon.
And here is iOS Icon Template for Perfectionists, reputedly correcting a corner issue with the above template.
And finally, QA1686 App Icons on iPad and iPhone is where you should go for the current Final Word™!